Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, November 24, 2017

Good morning Zebras,

Last week when I was walking I saw a huge turkey vulture walking up the road.  Our family has a history with vultures, especially at Christmas time, so I always pay attention when I see one.

This one just seemed so odd that I snapped a picture of it. (See below) But when I checked the image on my phone I couldn’t see the vulture.  At first, I wondered if it might’ve been my imagination, but when I blew the picture up and pinpointed exactly where the vulture had been, I could see him in the shadows.

And that my friends is the enemy.

He does not come at us straight on because he knows that God’s people would turn away.  We are, after all not interested in doing evil things.  Instead he moves in the shadows of our lives enticing us to step a little to the left, or maybe a little to the right, just enough to get us out of God’s perfect will.

The wisdom of Solomon:

Proverbs 4:20–27 My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words.  Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to a man’s whole body.  Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.  Put away perversity from your mouth; keep corrupt talk far from your lips.  Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you.  Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm.  Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil.

Guard your heart and life Zebras because Satan will use anything to get you off track. Even according to Paul, false servants within the church.

2 Corinthians 11:13–15 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ.  And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness.

Love,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment