Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, November 30, 2017

Good morning Zebras,

Yesterday I messaged my friend after I’d put up the post, I wanted to make sure I had represented her accurately.  Printed with her permission is her response:

“I literally just read it. Yes, you said how I feel. Loved the insight God gave you on the extra time now available for Gary to spend with Him. That's a great practical way to keep Christ at the center rather than the "busyness" we can all fall into.  I know the Lord will bless your obedience as you laid down your desire for a fresh tree. Your home is and will be filled with the fragrance of Christ, which is a whole lot better than the smell of pine 😃"

I have hosted lots of holidays where the house was filled with the scent of pine, and this year, she's right, I wanted the fragrance of Christ.  I’ve people coming who need the healing touch of Jesus, people who have been here before and went away unchanged and the same thing is going to happen again, unless I do something different.

In the three Synoptic Gospels, Jesus heals a boy the disciples were unable to cure.  (Matthew 17:14-21, Mark 9: 14-29, Luke 9:37-43)  When they asked Him why they couldn’t do it, He chastised them for their lack of faith and said, “This kind cannot be driven out by anything but prayer.”

And that is the key, prayer.  Recently I did a study on “perseverance” and I was surprised to find that the old dead guys unanimously pointed to prayer as the most important area of perseverance. Not quiet time or Bible study, prayer. 

I love you Zebras, Christmas celebrates the miraculous birth of our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, and I see no reason why, if everything we do is bathed in prayer, it shouldn’t be the vehicle for a few more.

Love,
Jill


P.S. If this ornament could talk it would say “Get out of the boat you guys!  Life on the edge is great!  Nothing is impossible with God!”  And its life verse would be: 1 Corinthians 11:1 -Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment