Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Saturday, November 25, 2017

Good morning Zebras,

One night, when the kids were little, I was doing the good Christian mom thing and listening to their night time prayers.  (I have to be honest here, that’s not a tradition that lasted very long, I was faithful about reading them bedtime stories and Gary took over when I was tired, but neither one of us sat with them while they prayed.)  Anyway, they were praying but I was really tired and all I wanted them to do was to go to sleep.  But Nick started thanking God for everything in the room.  Which was odd, so I opened my eyes and found him peeking over the top of his folded hands and looking around to find things to thank God for.

My reaction was, “You’ve got to be kidding me! This could go on all night!”  But as soon those thoughts formed in my mind, I heard God say “He has it right.  You should thank me for everything you see.”

Needless to say, I sat and listened in silence as Nick thanked God for the bookcase, the lamp, the nightstand, etc.

We have so much to be thankful for, all we need to do is open our eyes and look.

Ephesians 5:18–21 Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery.  Instead, be filled with the Spirit.  Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs.  Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.

I love you Zebras, monitor your speech today and resolve to praise and thank, more than worry and complain.

Love,
Jill


P.S. I didn’t know there were books written about praying with your eyes open until I tried to find an image for today’s post.  But since no man or woman should get credit for what God has said, I decided to post with only words today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment