Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, November 3, 2017

Good morning Zebras,

True or False? “Jesus is dying to meet you.”

Personally, I would say, “False,” because Jesus didn’t need to die to get to know His people, He is, after all, God.

I would say a more accurate phrase would be: “Jesus died so you can know Him/God,”

I don’t know if you can see the difference but the first one diminishes Jesus.

The phrase “dying to meet you” means you are excited to make their acquaintance.  I might be “dying to meet” Moses, but I’m pretty sure God isn’t dying to meet me.

First, because as God, He already knows me and secondly, He is the “rock star” in this equation, not me. I should be dying to meet Him.

Which brings up an interesting thought: Do you think less people would’ve come to church if the marquee read “Are You Dying to Meet Jesus?” instead?  After all, many people would prefer to let Jesus do all the dying.

But it doesn’t really work that way and it is sad we let people think it does.

Luke 14:27 Whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple.

I used to wear a cross all the time to remind me of what Jesus had done for me. I would play with it in times of stress.  I don’t consciously remember it serving as a reminder of what I should be doing for Him although it should have.

But maybe at some level it did, because I quit wearing it when I felt my life, rather than my jewelry should speak to my faith in Christ. 

Have a wonderful Friday Zebras, I’ll talk to you tomorrow.

Love,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment