Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Saturday, November 4, 2017

Good morning Zebras,

The other day someone said to me, “Give me a verse to make me feel better.”  I think they were shocked when I said, “No.”  But I could see they were under the conviction of God and that’s where they needed to stay until God set them free.  Giving them some “happy verse” to tickle their ears would’ve been detrimental to their spiritual growth.

And sadly, before I could call them back with the verse God gave me, they had talked to someone else and the moment had passed

Lately I’ve been feeling bad my messages are not “cheerier,” something happy to set you on your way, but yesterday my Bible opened to a passage in Jeremiah and I was reminded I’m responsible to God for every word I write and “happy words” that tickle people’s ears are often untrue and can get people off-track.

Plus, God reminded me with the following passage, that if you wanted your ears tickled you wouldn’t be here because those of you who come here know exactly what you’re going to hear.

Matthew 11:7–9: “As they went away, Jesus began to speak to the crowds concerning John: ‘What did you go out into the wilderness to see?  A reed shaken by the wind?  What then did you go out to see?  A man dressed in soft clothing?  Behold, those who wear soft clothing are in kings’ houses.  What then did you go out to see?’”

Happy Saturday Zebras, I love you. Thank you for coming along with me on this journey and for continuing to stop.

Love,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment