Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Saturday, November 18, 2017

Good morning Zebras,

Yesterday’s Oswald was wonderful.  The verse was Genesis 22:16–17 but he only quoted part of it.  “…because you have done this…I will surely bless you…”  Which, of course, made me go look up what Abraham had done to get blessed.  (It was the sacrifice of Isaac.)

Oswald continues: “There is no possibility of questioning God when He speaks, if He speaks to Hs own nature in me.  Prompt obedience is the only result. When Jesus says, “Come,” I simply come; when He says, “Let go,” I let go; and when He says, “Trust God in this matter,” I trust.  This work of obedience is the evidence that the nature of God lives in me.”

God expects obedience from His people but that only happens if you hear what He is saying and you can’t hear Him if your ears are stuffed up with your own plans.

Fifteen years ago, on July 27 in a cabin in Arnold, California, God smacked me over the head with one line from Oswald: “The golden rule to follow to obtain spiritual understanding is not one of intellectual pursuit, but one of obedience.”

Yesterday, as I was goofing around in the backyard I discovered why the God plants are growing differently.  The smallest plant has very little soil.  He has soil on the top, but underneath is all rock.  It is the rock that is preventing him from growing.  And I thought, “God what is the rock that’s keeping your people from growing?’  The answer was: “Disobedience.”

The reason most Christians aren’t growing is because when God asks them to do something hard, something they don’t really want to do, something that will prepare them to better serve the kingdom, they choose to disobey.  

It might seem odd or even extreme to put my furniture in the garage, but it’s nothing compared to what God asked Abraham to do.  And it’s nothing compared to what He has asked me to do in the past.  God expects His children to listen to His voice and obey and to rid their lives of the things that are displeasing to Him.  We are the ones who keep letting ourselves off the hook.

Jesus said, “I do as the Father has commanded me, so that the world may know that I love the Father.”  And we are supposed to do the same. 

I love you Zebras and I’m forever grateful God stepped in and showed me that all I needed to do to know Him better was to obey.  Because nothing I’ve given up compares to what I have gained.

Love,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment