Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Good morning Zebras,

One of the challenges often faced in this incredibly blessed country, especially during the holidays, is not enough room in the fridge for all the food.  Many people have solved this problem by buying a second fridge for the garage. 

But you can’t buy a second life.  If you don’t make room in your busy life for God, He’ll stand outside and knock while you become more and more lukewarm. 

Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.

If you are feeling lukewarm, I can tell you what the problem is, you have overfilled your life and pushed God to the curb.  Fortunately, there is an easy solution.

Revelation 3:18–19 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, so that you may be rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself and the shame of your nakedness may not be seen, and salve to anoint your eyes, so that you may see. Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent.

People act like lukewarm is something that happens like a cold, something they have no control over, but that is not true.  Lukewarm is a condition that happens when we place more value on the blessings of God, than we do on God.

I love you Zebras, resolve this Christmas to shake off the wisdom of the world, a world that tells you that you are fine, and pursue God with everything you’ve got.

Love,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment