Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, November 9, 2017

Good morning Zebras,

I hesitated to put up yesterday’s post because I was afraid some people might be offended to think God would speak through a Marvel movie.  But fear of man is never from God, so I knew it had to go up.  The truth is, God speaks to me through lots of things because He has trained me to be constantly listening for His voice.

For twenty years I’ve used the same Bible, a NIV Life Application Bible I bought at Costco, when I started going back to church and it is thrashed.  It was a good Bible, it has helped me learn a lot and I thought about having it rebound, but God told me it’s time to move on, to let go of the past and strive for what’s ahead.

Recently I shared God was having me get the house ready to be used for ministry.

One of the things He had me purchase are the glasses and mugs pictured below.   Not because I had “sinful” glasses and mugs before, but so that when people comment on how cute they are I can recite my version of Psalm 1 1-3 which goes like this: “Blessed is the man whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and on this law he meditates day and night.  He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.”

(He also directed me to put my nativity up-it is literally the first thing you see when you walk in the house-because celebrating the birth of Jesus isn’t limited to December 25.)

So, I wasn’t surprised God directed me to a Bible with a tree on the front.

When I was a baby Christian I read the Bible with my eyes on me, which is why a life application Bible was perfect, but now it’s time to read God’s Word with my eyes completely focused on God.

1 Corinthians 13:11: “When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.”

Children look at the world as if it’s all about them, but disciples of Jesus Christ know it is all about Him.

I love you Zebras, I love God, I love His Word and I love the way His Spirit is ever-present always speaking if we would only tune our ears to His frequency.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment