Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, January 22, 2010

The Battle is God's

Exodus 17:11

As long as Moses held up his hands, the Israelites were winning, but whenever he lowered his hands, the Amalekites were winning. (NIV)

Good morning ladies,

When Nicholas, my son, was little his favorite song was “The Battle Belongs to the Lord.” We used to sing it in church and he loved it so much I bought it on a worship CD for the car.

He was so cute swinging his little feet as we drove along and singing at the top of his five year old lungs.

We must have been studying “The Life of Moses” at BSF at the same time because that song is associated in my mind with a very cool story out of Exodus.

Moses had led the people out of Egypt. They were just beginning their journey when they were attacked by the Amalekites. Moses sent Joshua into battle while he stood on a hill with the staff of God in his hands. As long as his hands were up, the Israelites would win, but if he lowered his hands they would begin to lose.

Eventually Moses got tired so they got a stone for him to sit on and his brother Aaron and Hur, who appears to be a friend, held up his arms, until finally Israel was victorious.

Isn’t that the perfect picture of intercessory prayer?

I tell my husband and kids as they go off to battle the world that they need to remember that I am like Moses, I have my hands in the air praying for them.

But sometimes my arms get tired and I need someone to come along side me. That’s what godly friends and family are for.

On Wednesday I was talking to a friend and during the conversation I shared something that I was struggling with. She said she would pray for me and I know she did because as I went back into battle I felt like I could win.

Yesterday I had the privilege of doing that for someone else.

All of us are in a battle everyday, but what we need to remember is the battle really belongs to God and prayer is the best weapon against the enemy.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment