Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Early Bird

Mark 1:35

Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed. (NIV)


Good morning ladies,

The early bird catches the worm. (English proverb cir. 1670)

Early to bed, early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise. (Ben Franklin)

Everyone knows that getting up early has its benefits, even my moodles.

Joshua sleeps with Nick and Abigail sleeps with Katherine. Since Nick has to get up earlier for school than Katherine, Joshua has to get up earlier than Abigail.

While Nick takes a shower Josh keeps me company in the kitchen “helping” me make breakfast and pack lunches. This often results in a few extra tidbits of food.

Today I made Nick a steak sandwich for lunch so Josh really benefited from getting up early. And I told him so.

Eight years ago God convicted me about getting up early and starting my day with Him. Back then I had to get up at 6:00 to get my quiet time in before waking the kids up for school. Now sometimes I have to get up at 4:30.

At first, I have to admit, it didn’t always seem worth it, but I did it anyway, out of obedience. Now it has become a regular part of my routine.

The Bible doesn’t say we have to get up early to sit at the feet of Jesus and I don’t believe that it is a sin not to. But I can tell you from personal experience that God has something special for those who are willing to do it.

Love,
Jill








No comments:

Post a Comment