Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Free Will

Deuteronomy 11:26-28

See, I am setting before you today a blessing and a curse- the blessing if you obey the commands of the LORD your God that I am giving you today; the curse if you disobey the commands of the LORD your God and turn from the way that I command you today by following other gods, which you have not known.

John 15:10

If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.

Good morning ladies,

Today in the Getchell household we are going to have the tenth (at least) reading of the Law.

The kids have gotten a little too l
acadasical about the rules around here. And I am no longer happy. So today while they are at school I am going to rewrite the rules and when they get home I am going to sit them down and read them to them.

Then, because they are teenagers who need to learn the consequences of their decisions they can choose to obey or not. If they obey they will continue to receive the blessings which come from living in this house. If not they are on their own.

Now obviously I love them and I won’t kick them out, they are only fourteen and sixteen, but I can quit doing anything for them. I can quit cooking and cleaning and driving them around. I can quit paying for their gas and giving them money for fun activities. I can take away their phones, their gaming consoles and their computers. And if I really want to get my point across I can take away their privilege to use the main part of the house and restrict them to their rooms.

But because they are good kids who desire to please me, I don’t think it will come to that. But it could.

Like any good parent, our Our Heavenly Father has given us rules to follow as well; He even wrote them down in a book we call the Bible.

And then He gave us freewill to choose.

If we choose to obey, God says there is no end to the blessings that He has for us including giving us the power to obey, but if we don’t, well, He could always leave us on our own.

Love,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment