Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Open Your Eyes!

2 Kings 6:16-18

"Don't be afraid," the prophet answered. "Those who are with us are more than those who are with them." And Elisha prayed, "O LORD, open his eyes so he may see." Then the LORD opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha. (NIV)

Good morning ladies,

In 1986 Frank Peretti wrote This Present Darkness, it told the story of a demonic struggle for the control of a small town. I read it in 1996 and it completely freaked me out.

The story is told from two view points, the view of the people who are not aware of the angels and demons that surround them and from the view of the angels as they battle to protect the unaware people of God.

But it wasn’t until this morning that I realized why I didn’t like it.

In the book there is a scene where the main character is driving his car down a mountain. The angles and demons are battling and the demons cause the car to crash, but the angles rush in and save him.

It left me with the impression that there is a great battle going on, and sometimes God wins and sometimes He doesn’t.

And that’s not true.

God always wins and when God is involved there isn’t even a fight.

Monday night my van was broken in to. I had accidently left it unlocked and they just opened the door and took what they wanted.

Normally I would have A LOT of stuff in my car, including my purse but because of a series of unrelated events I had just cleaned out the car and I had taken my purse into the house. All the thieves got was an Ipod filled with Scripture and Christian music; a Sirius radio that has been disconnected; and a packet of instant coffee I have just bought from Starbucks. Not really a great haul.

Now God could have prevented this, but that wasn’t my first thought. My first thought was “Thank You God for going before me and preventing them from taking anything of value including my purse.”

As I have been preparing for retreat I have found that one of the best parts about being still is having your eyes opened to the love and protection of God.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment