Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, January 8, 2010

Do You Care?

Matthew 7:13-14

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Good morning ladies,

Our family likes to play video games. One game we play is Mario Party. It is really just a board game in video format. Players have to compete in mini-games to win coins so they can buy stars and every once in awhile you have to play a battle game.

One of the battle games involves racing against the other players as you navigate your character along a narrow path. The first one to finish wins and if you fall off you die. Fortunately this is a video game and you get another life.

But that is not true in the real world. We only get one life.

This week in Bible study we discussed our eternal future. We discussed Heaven and the Lake of Fire. We discussed what happens to nonbelievers when they die.

It was a disturbing conversation.

But what disturbed me the most is I’m afraid I don’t care.

My daughter Katherine has a heart for the lost.

Art Rorheim, co-founder of Awana, has a heart for the lost.

Thousands of people who have dedicated their lives to spreading the gospel have a heart for the lost. Why don’t I?

Why don’t I care that people I love and millions more that I don’t even know are going to spend eternity separated from God?

I think God showed me the answer this week in Bible study. I just don’t think about it.

Do you?

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment