Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Zebra Scarf

Ephesians 2:10 (NIV)

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Good morning ladies,

I had a strange thing happen at church on Sunday. Gloria, a very Godly lady who works in Awana with me came up to me and gave me her zebra scarf. That’s not odd you might say because probably a lot of people give you zebra stuff, which is true, but this one was different.

Gloria is not in Zebras, she does not have a computer so she does not receive z-mails and she had no idea that I had anything to do with zebras.

She had been on vacation in Arizona and she saw this scarf. She felt God tell her to buy it but she didn’t know why because she doesn’t really like zebra print, she likes leopard. But because Gloria is a very obedient child of God, she bought it.

She wore it to church on Sunday and I told her how pretty it was.

After service she came up to me and gave me the scarf. I thought she was giving it to me because I had mentioned I liked it so I tried refusing it. But she said she “No.” she had to give it to me because “her Lord Jesus told her to.”

At that point I took it.

And then she gave me her earrings.

What made it really cool was that my husband Gary had been praying that God would bring me some encouragement to continue doing Zebras, some sign that what I was doing was what God wanted of me and I had decided I needed a zebra scarf to wear to retreat. The earrings were a bonus.

Each one of us was created by God to do something. Something He has prepared in advance for us to do.

All we have to do is ask.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment