Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Bad Hair

James 1:2-3

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.


Good afternoon ladies,

My hair has always been a bit of a challenge for me. It is too curly to be straight and too straight to be curly. I have worn it long and short, but I have never really been happy with it until recently.

About two years ago I started getting my hair cut by Julie. Julie is good, she has talent. She looked at my hair, the shape of the head, took into consideration my ears and my nose and came up with a great hairstyle for me.

Six weeks ago I went to get my hair cut and I don’t know what happened. Suddenly my wonderful, easy to manage hair was back to being its old troublesome self. It was too long on top and too short in the back. It wouldn’t behave no matter how much time I spent working on it.

Now I could have gotten upset, but really there wasn’t anything I needed good hair for so I decided I would just wait for Julie to fix it at the next appointment.

Today I have my wonderful hair back.

So what’s the point?

First, God gives us what we need when we need it. Now I need good hair because I'm speaking at our Women's Tea on October 24th. There are going to be a lot of women there and I want to look as nice as possible. I don’t want to be fighting with my hair, and God knew that.

Second, don’t take God’s blessings for granted. I had gotten rather complacent about having good hair. I wasn’t thankful for it anymore, but after six weeks of fighting with my hair every morning I am amazingly thankful to have it back.

And third, when you are in a trial, even a small one like six weeks of bad hair, remember there is a purpose.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment