Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, October 9, 2009

Too Much Grace

Romans 6: 1-2
What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?

Good morning ladies,

I don’t know if it is human nature or if it is just me, but I have discovered that I tend to “waste” whatever I have a lot of.

Last year when I was working I had extra cash. So I wasted some of it.

This year I have less money, but more time, so I waste it instead.

And buying the large size items from Costco allows me to waste a whole variety of things.

But the thing that I think I waste the most is grace.

It is wonderful that we live under grace, that our sins, past, present and future are forgiven, and I wouldn’t want it any other way, but because I have so much I am not motivated to use it wisely.

God’s unlimited grace allows me to do whatever I want knowing that God will forgive me. I may have consequences, but I will be forgiven.

I don’t think that is what God intended, obviously neither did Paul.

The church at Rome must have had the same problem, too much grace. After years of living under the law it must have been so freeing to now live under grace. They reasoned that the more they sinned the more grace increased therefore sinning was a good plan.

Of course Paul set them straight.

God has given us grace but He has also given us the power of the Holy Spirit. He expects us to utilize that power and overcome our sins, not just sin knowing He will forgive us.

Think for a minute what it would be like it grace ran out, if grace was like money or time, If God only gave us so much and no more.

I know I personally would try harder not to sin.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies, I’ll talk to you Monday.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment