Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Helping God

Isaiah 48:9-10

I make known the end from the beginning,
from ancient times, what is still to come.
I say: My purpose will stand,
and I will do all that I please.

From the east I summon a bird of prey;
from a far-off land, a man to fulfill my purpose.
What I have said, that will I bring about;
what I have planned, that will I do.

Good afternoon ladies,

I wasn’t feeling too well this morning so I slept in. I was planning on skipping writing today until I watched lesson six from the Truth Project and Dell said the same thing that I was planning on saying to you.

God is sovereign, make no mistake about it. His plans will not be thwarted, what He said He would do, He will do. The only choice we have is if we want to be part of it.

Many people who have done great things for God say this truth is one of the reasons they were willing to step out in faith. They did not want to be left out of God’s plans. They knew God would accomplish His work and if they weren’t willing to do it, He would find someone else who would.

This is the argument that Mordecai used on Esther when he was trying to convince her to go before the king to save the Jewish people. Because of her obedience she got a book in the Bible. What if she had said no? God would still have saved them, and Esther would have missed a blessing.

When Esther's words were reported to Mordecai, he sent back this answer: "Do not think that because you are in the king's house you alone of all the Jews will escape. For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?" Esther 4:12-14

I watch people miss blessings all the time because they are not willing to do what God has asked of them. They put the things of the world before the things of God. They could be part of God’s plan, but they choose to amuse themselves with worldly diversions, or they allow themselves to be frozen with fear. And that’s their choice.

But that is not my choice, and I hope it is not yours.

God does not need us to accomplish His plans, but He lets us help. I love that.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment