Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Monday, October 19, 2009

Weakness

2Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me

Good morning ladies,

I need to share something with you. I can’t write. It is not a strength of mine.

If you asked me what I was good at in school I would tell you math, but actually I wasn’t good at that either, I just had a good teacher.

When I was in fourth grade my teacher told me I was stupid because I hadn’t learned my multiplication tables. I was crushed.

In fifth grade I had a wonderful teacher, Mr. Mahoney. What made him wonderful was he believed in me, he thought I had value, he thought I was smart, and he made me think so too.

In high school I met his wife. I had failed Algebra 2 and I was standing in the hallway looking at the posted grades when Mrs. Mahoney walked by. She told me not to worry about that grade, just to take it again with her the following year. She told me it wasn’t my fault; she told me that teacher wasn’t very good at teaching math.

For the next three years Mrs. Mahoney was my math teacher. She made me think I was good at math. But when I got to college I found out I wasn’t really. She was good at math, and when I was with her I was good at math, but on my own I really wasn’t very good at it.

The same is true of writing.

On my own I’m not that good at it. I failed Freshman Composition twice in college. I have never considered writing a strength, in fact I think of it as one of my weakness.

So of course that is why God can use it.

The Bible says that God uses the weak things of the world to shame the strong, the foolish things of the world to shame the wise.

God doesn’t need our strength, He has plenty of that. What He needs is our weakness.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment