Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, October 1, 2009

God's Workmanship

Ephesians 2:10

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Good morning ladies,

Did you know there are over thirty thousand verses in the Bible? Isn’t that amazing? Especially when you think about how just one or two verses can transform your life. I think this is one of those verses.

We are God’s workmanship. He created us, therefore He owns us. Just like any artist owns their work, God owns us. It goes against everything we believe as Americans, but the truth is we are owned by God. He gave us life; He has the right to tell us what to do.

A second point is, He created us; therefore He made us the way He wanted us. Psalm 139:14 says: I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. He didn’t make some people wonderful and some only so-so, He made everyone wonderful-including YOU!

Finally, He created us for a purpose and it is not to sit around and amuse ourselves. He created us to do good works that He has prepared in advance for us to do. He has work for us, kingdom work, eternal work, work that has our name on it and He created us to do it.

One of my pet peeves in life is volunteering to help someone only to arrive and they really have nothing for me to do. I feel like they have wasted my time.

That never happens with God. When you show up to work, He always has something for you to do, a job prepared especially for you.

My son says I have three hundred and sixty five favorite verses, one for every day of the year. I don’t think that is true, but I do have some favorites, and this is one of them.

I love knowing God owns me, God made me, and He made me for a purpose. I hope you love it too.

Love,
Jill



No comments:

Post a Comment