Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, October 23, 2009

Habits

Mark 1:35

Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.

Good morning ladies,

Yesterday I wrote about not giving Satan a foothold. This morning Susan responded that the best way to accomplish that is to start your day with prayer. And she is absolutely right.

Staring your day with prayer is not some mystical thing for the chosen few, it is basically a habit that you need to develop.

Every morning I pray in the same place and because my moodles love me so much, they always want to join me. To keep them from being a distraction I made little beds for each of them, one on either side. When I go to pray they settle down on their beds and keep me company.

Yesterday I didn’t follow my normal routine, I did a few chores before prayer and the moodles were confused. They kept going to their little beds and settling in expecting me to follow suit. When I would walk right past they would jump up and follow me, but you could see they weren’t pleased. They have come to like this time because I stay in one place and they can rest.

Now ladies, I know the dogs aren’t praying, they are just resting on pillows, but that’s not the point. The point is Bible study and prayer are habits.

They say it takes six weeks to develop a habit, but it happens one day at a time.

Nine years ago God convicted me with this verse. If Jesus, the Son of God, had to get up early to pray don’t you think you should?

When people ask me what I had to give up for God, the first thing that comes to mind is sleep.

All of us have habits; make sure spending time with God is one of them

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment