Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Weary

Matthew 11:28-30
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Good morning ladies,

I woke up weary this morning, tired before the day even started, but I had to get out of bed.

I walked downstairs and the house is a mess, the laundry isn’t done and BOTH kids have lost their cell phones.

I really want to go back to bed, but I can’t.

I started to do my quiet time, but I thought I need to throw Katherine’s sheets in the laundry first. As I was walking upstairs to gather them up, I stopped and thought, “This is ridiculous, the sheets can wait I need to go spend time with God.”

And I was right.

When we are weary we do a lot of things. Some of us eat; some of us sleep; some of us drink LARGE amounts of caffeine; but what we should do is go to Jesus. ‘Come” he said “and I will give you rest.”

Many of us carry burdens beyond what God intended and many of us carry our burdens without God’s help. Both of those situations will make you weary.

If you are feeling weary today go spend some time with Jesus. Give Him your day, your overwhelming To-Do List, ask Him to show you what it is He wants you to do and then rely on His strength to do it.

I promise it will help.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment