Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Truth

Ephesians 2:4-5
But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Romans 5:8
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Good morning ladies,

I had a wonderful z-mail all planned out for you today, but then God changed it. I had planned to encourage you to live up to your calling, to encourage you to walk your Christian walk to the best of your ability because what we do reflects not only on us, but on God.

And then I got an e-mail from a friend.

A group of us went to coffee this morning and a friend shared a mistake she had made at work. A really small mistake in my book, but it is a big mistake to her. But I didn’t realize how big.

After she got home she sent out an e-mail saying:

“Also thanks for listening. I felt God saying that I needed to tell you guys because, really deep inside, I am afraid if you really knew me with all my quirks and faults, you wouldn't like me. Funny, I don't feel that way about other people but there is that deep fear that I have. So thanks for listening and letting me know that even if I don't always do my job very well you still like me.”

I love this woman. I consider her one of my best friends and yet she is concerned that if I really knew her I wouldn’t like her.

I think many of us feel that way. I wonder if we feel that way about God.

So here’s your truth for the day: God knows all your quirks and faults. He knows every bad thing you have ever done and every bad thing you will ever do and He still loves you. None of us are perfect, none of us even come close, but all of us are loved beyond our understanding by the God who created the universe.

Love,
Jill






No comments:

Post a Comment