Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Count the Cost

Luke 27-29

And anyone who does not carry his cross and follow me cannot be my disciple. "Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Will he not first sit down and estimate the cost to see if he has enough money to complete it? For if he lays the foundation and is not able to finish it, everyone who sees it will ridicule him,

Good morning ladies,

I had an epiphany the other day.

Rovellyn has challenged us this month think about what it means to live a life totally surrendered to Christ. She remembers vividly when, after years of trying to live the Christian life her way, she made the decision to live her life God’s way. That moment is as clear to her as the day she was saved.

I understand what she is talking about because I have walked a similar journey. But Janet hasn’t.

Janet is one of those fortunate people who grew up in a Christian home that was really a Christian home. They honored God everyday, not just on Sunday, and they taught Janet to do the same thing. She remembers the day she made her faith her own, but she never had the experience that Rovellyn is talking about.

Any of you who are fortunate enough to know Janet, know that her life is totally devoted to God, so why the difference?

Here’s the epiphany.

Janet grew up knowing what salvation meant. When she accepted Christ she knew God expected her to die to self and live for Him. She had seen the Christian faith modeled in her life and understood what it really was. She had counted the cost and signed up anyway.

I did not. When I accepted Christ I had no idea what I was getting into. It wasn’t until years later God revealed to me what the Christian life was all about and then He gave me another decision. “Now that you know what it really means to follow Me, are you willing to do it?” At that point I had to decide to die to myself and live for God.

Each one of us is on our own personal journey, probably no two exactly alike, but if we are really seeking to know and serve the God we love we all end up understanding that to live for God means we have to die to ourselves.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment