Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Giving Back

2 Samuel 24:24

But the king replied to Araunah, "No, I insist on paying you for it. I will not sacrifice to the LORD my God burnt offerings that cost me nothing."

So David bought the threshing floor and the oxen and paid fifty shekels of silver for them.

Good morning ladies,

When David was commanded to build an altar to the Lord he went to Araunah to buy a threshing floor. Araunah wanted to give the floor to David, but David refused because he did not want to give to the LORD something that had cost him nothing.

When the kids were little I used to give them money and take them to an inexpensive store and let them buy Christmas presents for everyone. Of course they were very excited about buying gifts for their friends and family and especially excited about buying something for their dad. It wasn’t until they got older they realized they were using Dad’s money to buy Dad’s gift. They weren’t really “giving” him anything.

This morning as I was praying and thinking about Thanksgiving I had the same revelation about God. God has given me everything and I have nothing of my own to give in return.

And God has given me so much.

He picked me up out of the mire, dusted me off and put my feet on solid ground. He reached down from heaven and picked up a broken person and healed me in ways I would not have thought possible. He guided me and provided for me when I didn’t even know I needed it. He loved me when it felt like no one else did and He never gave up on me. He encouraged me to try and believed I could succeed. He was faithful even when I wasn’t and solid. He never changed. Most amazing of all, He used me. He knew what I was really like and yet He still used me. I had an overwhelming desire to give something back.

But what do I have that I could give to God for all His has given me?

The answer of course is nothing and everything.

Realizing that there was nothing that I could give God that He hadn’t given me first made me want to give Him everything.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment