Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Monday, November 9, 2009

Protection

Psalm 40:11

Do not withhold your mercy from me, O LORD;

may your love and your truth always protect me.

Good morning ladies,

I am getting ready to start the Precepts Bible study on Philippians tomorrow night and I‘ve been reflecting upon the past Bible studies I have done. From each one of them I can take away at least one truth that has changed my life.

From the life of Moses, that God has standards for His leaders and He expects them to live up to them.

From 2 Peter, the truth that we are given the divine nature and everything we need for life and godliness, and then it is our responsibility to add to our faith, goodness, knowledge and self-control.

From James, the truth that we must look into the word of God and REMEMBER what we learn there and not walk away and forget. It is the man who remembers what he has learned who is blessed.

And from 1 and 2 Samuel, the life of David, that God looks at our heart and our motives, He does not judge on actions alone, that sin has consequences, but there is nothing we can do that God can’t forgive, and each one of us are given tasks to do and we must focus on those.

Just to name a few.

I love the Word of God, it has the power to transform, train and protect, but just in case I had any doubts God gave me a great reminder yesterday at church.

I was sitting with my grape juice waiting to take communion and I accidently spilled the cup. Fortunately it spilled on the cover of the Bible I was holding in my lap instead of on my pants, since I still had to do announcements at second service.

As I was walking to the bathroom to wash off the Bible, I stopped and talked to Daniel, the worship team leader. When he noticed the grape juice on the Bible he said the same thing had just happened to him with coffee. He had spilt his coffee and if it hadn’t been for his Bible it would have gone all over his white shirt.

Only God could take a spiritual truth, like the importance of having the Word of God in your life, and make it so practical.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment