Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, November 20, 2009

Wander Away

Psalm 61:4

I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings. Selah

Good morning ladies,

Yesterday I had a bit of a scare. My six pound moodle dog, Joshua, wandered out the door without me noticing. I was working on the computer and didn’t realize the front door was not completely closed. He seized the moment and took himself for a walk.

As soon as I noticed I mobilized the forces, I called my husband and sister and had them start praying and I went out to look. Fortunately a neighbor found him before he got hurt and we had a happy ending.

Later that night I was asking Joshua why he wanted to run away. Doesn’t he know no one will love him as much as I do? Nor will they take as good of care of him. Besides I pointed out, he would miss me.

My daughter, who was listening to this whole conversation, said “Mom, he isn’t running away from us, he is just going to look for something else. He doesn’t understand the consequences of leaving.”

Well of course he doesn’t, he’s a dog, but the same thing happens with people. They don’t mean to wander away from God; they are just looking for something else. They don’t realize what they are leaving is better than anything they will find.

Yesterday, when I lost Joshua I was so sad. I knew what could happen to him out there in the big cruel world and I wanted to find him and get him home.

I wonder if that is how God feels when His children wander away?

My children are getting older; they will soon be able to make their own choices about God. They will be able to wander away if they want to, and that’s a little scary. I know how enticing the things of the world are, I know how easy it is to get distracted and wander away, just for a minute, and be lost for years. That is not something I want for my children.

So this morning I started praying this verse for them:

Dear Lord, I pray Katherine and Nicholas will realize and truly understand that there is no where else to go, and no one who will ever love them like You do. I pray they will always long to dwell in Your house and take refuge under Your wing. Amen

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment