Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Still Small Voice

John 10:27

John 10:27

Jesus said "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me"

Good morning ladies,

There is nothing more important than learning to listen to the voice of the Lord. Then you will know where to go and where not to go. But it doesn’t happen overnight.

It takes practice to be able to hear the still small voice of God in the midst of our busy world.

I have been doing Bible study for over eleven years and everyday I can hear the voice of the Lord a little better.

Recently I had two experiences where I clearly heard God’s voice.

Last Sunday I did not want to go to church, no reason really, I just wanted to play hooky. I normally do the announcements so I had to tell Janet I wasn’t coming and then Pastor Harvey asked me to announce something for him, so I also had to tell him I wasn’t coming. I told him I felt a little guilty, but I was going to stay home anyway. Jokingly he gave me absolution. But God didn’t.

All week God kept annoying me. I had a restless feeling that I have come to associate with disobedience and no matter how I tried I couldn’t shake it, so I went to church, where I received a wonderful blessing from God, which I would have missed had I stayed home.

On Monday I attended a meeting that I knew I shouldn’t go to, it wasn’t a bad meeting, in fact it was a good meeting, it just wasn’t where I was supposed to be. Again the restless feeling started.

After the meeting I went home and prayed, the next morning I turned in my resignation.

A good friend responded with today’s verse.

We are God’s sheep; we need to be able to hear His voice. He is the one who knows what we should and should not do, and once He speaks we need to obey.

Love,
Jill


No comments:

Post a Comment