Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Good Gifts

Matthew 7:11

If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Good morning ladies,

One of the great things about wrestling with God is when you finally give up.

One of the things that I was sad about was not having money to go on vacations, very worldly I know, but I really love vacations. Other people are going on vacations, and if I was still working we would have the money to go too, but oh no I’m serving this stingy God who doesn’t provide very well.

You can see how jealousy is a BAD thing.

We had originally thought about having the women’s retreat at a Spa in Napa but it was too expensive. And although I much prefer Mt. Hermon for our theme, ever since then I have wanted to go to a spa and relax. Now I have NEVER wanted to go to a spa before, in fact I have avoided them, but lately it has sounded like fun, soaking in hot water, maybe even getting my first massage, basically being pampered.

I almost asked Gary Tuesday if we could scrape together the money and go for one night, but I knew we couldn’t afford it and it would just make him feel bad, or worse he would agree and we would put it on the charge card.

Yesterday, after realizing God is not stingy AT ALL, that He has already given me far more than I deserve including eternal life, the indwelling Holy Spirit, the power of Christ, love, joy, peace just to name a few, and there is nothing I would rather do than devote my life to serving Him, we got an e-mail about the company Christmas party.

You guessed it-at a spa in San Diego-everything paid, even airfare.

Isn’t God fun?

So here’s my lesson.

God does not want to withhold blessings from His children, and He is definitely NOT stingy. He just wants us to be grateful for what He has already given and not expecting/demanding more.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment