Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Monday, November 30, 2009

You Are Not Alone

Deuteronomy 31:8

The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

Good morning ladies,

My husband likes the movie Wall-e from Pixar. For those of you who haven’t seen it is a story about the future of the earth. People have so polluted the planet that they have had to flee to a space station there they are living until life can be sustained again on earth. The only thing left is a robot named Wall-e and a cockroach.

To see if there is life on earth a probe is launched from the space station, a robot named Eve. When Wall-e sees Eve he falls instantly in love, but Eve is, to say the least, a bit of an ice princess.

Eventually Wall-e takes her home and shows her around his house. Eve is starting to warm up and then suddenly for seemingly no apparent reason she shuts down. Wall-e tries to talk to her but she is totally unresponsive.

But that doesn’t stop Wall-e from loving her and taking care of her.

This part of the movie makes me so sad, I can’t even watch it.

I feel so sorry for Wall-e loving something that doesn’t even acknowledge his existence

I wonder if that is how God feels.

God has loved His people with an everlasting love. He has taken care of them and provided for them and protected them. He has been faithful and true and loyal and we haven’t always noticed.

We get so busy with our lives that we sometimes forget Him.

Dear Lord, I love You so. Forgive me for all the times I put something else in front of You. Forgive me for not always seeing Your protective hand and Your love. The Bible says You love me with an everlasting love and that You will never leave me nor forsake me. Thank You God for always walking with me even when I think I am walking alone.

Love,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment